All we need is love. Then why so many of us are lost in this world, with no love? The inspirational love quotes that follow will help you uncover your truth.
In relationships with others and with ourselves, sometimes we judge too much and love too little. It’s a common mistake. Only when we fall flat on our face after judging do we realize that love is the only real thing and all judgment is a creation of the false ego.
We hope you don’t get caught in the multiplex of the ego, where the story is, “you’ll never be enough”.
Here are the 17 most inspirational quotes on love to restore your faith in life and free you from the cacophony of the ego.
1. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. – Mother Teresa
We all go through hard times. Wisdom lies in knowing that the dark side exists in everyone of us. And if we own the part of us that’s hurting, if we love it enough, soon after there will be no more hurt, only love.
2. Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself. – Oprah Winfrey
Many people try to do things to impress others. Don’t let your loneliness become the reason that you change yourself for others.
3. Sexiness is a state of mind – a comfortable state of being. It’s about loving yourself in your most unlovable moments. Halle Berry
It’s a fact that the secret to attraction is self-love. Look at the big actors, Leonardo DiCaprio or Meryl Streep, people love them because they love themselves enough to show themselves to the world. This is one of the most inspirational love quotes ever.
4. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. – Martin Luther King Jr.
Have you ever seen two people involved in a fiery argument? What happens after? They don’t come to a solution and just become angry. Darkness can never resolve darkness. Only when it is exposed by light, it loses its power.
5. Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.– Lao Tzu
People become obsessed with each other in love. It’s because it stimulates their thoughts, emotions, and senses at the same time. It’s the strongest force in the world. This is one of the most inspirational love quotes.
6. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. – Marilyn Monroe
Everyone has insecurities and goes through a dark phase in life. But if someone isn’t by your side when you need them, they sure as hell don’t deserve your company when you’re soaring high in the skies.
7. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people; you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.– Sylvester Stallone
Loyalty is to love what a ring is to marriage. If you have loyal people in your life, there’s nothing out there that can break you. Circumstances will go haywire, but love from loyal people will ground you and make you believe again that life is worth it.
8. Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.– Hemingway
It’s better to experience how love can change you as a person and then lose it, than to never have the experience. Even after you lose it, you realize its true value and can become strong again. Among all inspirational quotes on love, this one really stands out.
9. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao Tzu
Knowing that someone wants you in their life will give you strength. But it loving someone else will give you courage. Because when you love others, you affirm your faith in life.
Get involved by commenting below!
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!